Sunday, October 26, 2008

Muffin Tin Crayons


I was tired of finding broken bits of crayons all over the house. My 3 year old daughter and I made a gift for her 1 year old brother. We gathered up all the broken crayons we could find. Separated the colors accordingly. Put them in the mini-muffin tin I got a yard sale for 25 cents. Baked them and Oi-La! Toddler Crayons. We even decorated a tin to hold them from a Christmas Butter Cookie tin that I had been saving to use for something.

Crafty fun for mom and daughter. Art fun for a 1 year old. I was hoping that they would seem less edible to him, but not a chance. Soon after several of them were promptly chewed up.

Next we make these I will be sure not to include washable crayons in the mix. They stayed soft. Oh well, at least they are washable.

Here are the instructions that I used from a groovy blog called Crafty Daisies.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: