Monday, December 21, 2009

My Review of Roku HD Player

Originally submitted at Roku

The best-selling HD Player (as known as Netflix Player by Roku) plays High Definition video and connects to surround sound audio.


Excellent product for a 1 computer house

By LaLaLand Mamma from Sunland, CA on 12/21/2009

 

5out of 5

Pros: Easy to use, Built in Wi-Fi, Video selection, Easy to set up, Reliability, Frees the computer, Compact, Great value, High quality picture

Cons: Hulu, Want more video choices

Best Uses: Living room, Kids Playroom, Primary TV, Secondary TV

Describe Yourself: Geek, Casual User, Netflix fan, Technophile

We are a cable-free household. I have been a Netflix member for years, so when streaming Netflix movies came along, we jumped right in. I love the Roku player, because not only does it free up my computer for other uses, I can pre-choose films that would be good for my young children. I don't have to worry about them watching inappropriate content. The other channels available are really good especially Amazon video which has many recent movies for purchase. The downside is there are not that many channels. But I am sure more will be added in the coming year.

(legalese)

No comments: